M.Sc. Network & Telecommunication’s Management, 2010
Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology,2002
DeVry University, Decatur, Georgia, U S A
Bachelor Of Arts in Accounting & Business Administration 1991
Somali National University, Mogadishu, Somalia
Skills & Experience
I produce and host a Somali-language radio program (Somali Community Radio “Qaran Radio” WATB 1420 AM) for Somali speakers in the metropolitan Atlanta area, I have been hosting this news and information program since 2000. Certificates:
I am a certified proficiency Somali language tester for the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) and the Defense Language Institute (DLI).
I am a :
o Qualified Interpreter/Translator by Department of Human Resource (Georgia, U.S.A)
o State of Georgia court interpreter & translator
o Member of Atlanta Association of Interpreters and Translators
o Member of American Translators Association (ATA)
o The National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators
DeKalb County School System, November 2001- present Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Translate Documents To Be Sent To The Parents, Documents Translated Include “Student Code Of Conduct” For The County Schools, A Book Containing 50,000 Words. Interpret: Parent – Teacher Conferences Throughout The County.
- Provide Appropriate Language Instruction To Students Under The Supervision Of The Certified Classroom Teacher.
- Interpret Between Parent & School Officials, Eng<>Somali, And Translate Eng. Documents Into Somali For Parents And Students.
- Assist Teachers In Maintaining And Reporting Students Assigned To The ESL Classes.
- Assist Teachers In Communicating With Parents Whom English Are Not Their Mother Tongue.
- Provide Instructions, Counseling, Appropriate Learning Material And Experiences For The Participants.
- Provide Continuous Evaluation Of Students’ Progress And Achievement.